- Great new homes for the 2019 foals in the USA.
- The Hanoverian Verband’s international “Gold Medal Foal Award” was earned by D’a Bella daughter of 2-time World Young Horse Champion D’avie out of SPS Bella Vista by Belissimo.
- SPS Ditana’s grandaughter “Flying Free” by Fabregas out of our homebred Fidertanz mare “Free To Be” awarded Albert Kley 2020 Prize for Champion Hanoverian Dressage Foal in Canada.
- Great new homes for the 2018 foal-crop, in Canada and USA.
- Equestrian Canada 2018 DRESSAGE HORSE ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS to both Wild Heart, by Wolkentanz II / Fabriana, and her owner-rider Katy Duffy, at 2nd Level; and to Furst Gemini by Fidertanz / SPS Ditana and owner Carolyn Healy, at 3rd Level
- GRAND CHAMPION Award at the Canadian Dressage Festival in British Columbia, goes to “Sugar Baby“, by Sir Donnerhall / Contessa, for her performance at Training Level, and for her High-Point Award with 81.5%. Sugar Baby is owned by Aurline Russell and ridden / trained by Lorraine Bradbury.
- The Hanoverian Verband’s international “Gold Medal Foal Award” was earned by Zuper Zonic by Zonik out of Contessa by Contendro. Zuper Zonic also received the “Albert Kley Memorial Top Ten Foal Award” for 2018, from the Canadian Hanoverian Society
2018 Foal Crop move to Great New Homes
1. Morricone x SPS Ditana, “Modern Art” – Sold To accomplished dressage competitor Jennifer, near Toronto
2. Romeo x Giada, Regina Coeli – Sold to dressage enthusiast Elizabeth, near Chicago Il.
3. Zoom (Zack / Don Schufro / Brentano II) x SPS Bella Vista (Belissimo), “Ziya” sold to Paula in South Carolina – where he will join 2 other SunnyDays alumni, Skibbereen and Sambuca!
4. Buckingham x EM Chenya, “Le Boheme” sold to dressage professional Dominique in Quebec, where he joins SunnyDays alumnus Rossi by Romanov
5. Mystery foal (Zonik or Sir Donnerhall or Donkey Boy) x Contessa, Gold Medal Foal “Zuper Zonic”, by Zonik, sold to Dressage enthusiast Christine in Maryland
September 2017 Round-up
- SunnyDays Hanoverians had a good day at the Canadian Hanoverian Society Inspection. From a good field of 17 foals Foreign Affairs, by For Romance from SPS Ditana (Don Bosco / SPS Prince Orac xx) was chosen Champion Dressage Foal — and then, evaluated by a Hunter Judge, with her own criteria, was also designated Champion Hunter Prospect! Close on Frankie’s heels, the jury chose Furstentanz – Top Filly of the day, by Furstenball from EM Chenya MRF (Contucci / Bordeaux) as Reserve Champion Dressage Foal. Furthermore, at the 17 foal PEI Hanoverian Inspection Flying Free, by Fabregas from Free-To-Be (Fidertanz / Don Bosco), was awarded Reserve Champion Dressage Foal of the day! Congratulations to her new owner Shannon Brooks.
- Breeding season concluded with 5 mares in foal for 2018:
* Espinette (Espri / Woermann) lost her last foal, a filly by “Sir Gregory” (a three-peat breeding) at 8 months gestation. She will now be retired at 22 years of age
* Giada (Gold Luck / Al Capone) has been bred to Danish SPT winner “Romeo” by Blue Hors Romanov / Wolkentanz / Matcho AA. I am very excited for this early May event.
* SPS Ditana (Don Bosco / SPS Prince Orac xx), in mid-May, will deliver a foal from the knockout young stallion “Morricone” by Millenium / Rubin Royal / De Niro . He received 10s for walk and rideability in his SPT and is presenting beautiful youngsters.
* EM Chenya MRF (Contucci) is in foal to the Celle Stallion, and Adelheidsdorf SPT Champion “Buckingham” by Bordeaux / Rousseau, early june 2018.
* Contessa by Contendro SPS Eiger / Wenzel, after 2 difficult breeding seasons, is back in foal for late June 2018! Sire … tbd. In desperation the final breeding included semen from Sir Donnerhall, Zonik and Donkey Boy. DNA testing next June will reveal the sire.
- End-of-Season 2017 National Awards:
* Albert Kley 2017 Top Ten Foal Award to Foreign Affairs by For Romance / SPS Ditana
* Albert Kley 2017 Top Ten Foal Award to Furstentanz by Furstenball / EM Chenya MRF
* Albert Kley 2017 Top Ten Foal Award to Flying Free By Fabregas / Free-To-Be
* Albert Kley Memorial 2017 Canadian Champion Dressage Foal Trophy to Foreign Affairs
New Homes for our youngsters in 2017!
- Sally-Go-Lightly, our 2013 GOV filly by Sagnol has just sold to a wonderful dressage home in Colorado. Her new owner is a passionate, life-long horseperson, who will guide Sally to a dressage career.
- Foreign Affairs, our 2017 Hanoverian colt by For Romance, sold in utero to a wonderful dressage home in California, where he will join his older half-brother Formula One.
- Starlet of Society, our 2017 Hanoverian filly by Sir Gregory / Espri will be travelling to California with Foreign Affairs – making 3 babies now owned by Ryan Pedigo.
- Furstentanz, our typey 2017 Hanoverian filly by Furstenball, captured the hearts of Chris and Jean-Yves, my close neighbours, when she was just a day old.
- Skibereen, a masculine, big moving colt by Sir Gregory / Weltregent, will be joining Sambuca (aka “Starpower”) in his excellent South Carolina home with Paula.
Foals of 2017
- Foreign Affairs, a tall gorgeous colt by For Romance from SPS Ditana by Don Bosco, born May 8, 2017
- Starlet of Society, a typey fireball filly by Sir Gregory from Espinette by Espri, born May 13, 2017
- Furstentanz by Furstenball, a beautiful, feminine bay filly by Furstenball from from EM Chenya MRF by Contucci / Bordeaux, born May 21, 2017. This foal was bred by Maple Run Farm, and I was fortunate to purchase the dam Chenya from the Langers in November 2016.
- Skibereen by Sir Gregory, a strapping chestnut colt from Windsong by Weltregent, born June 4, 2017. Under Contract to South Carolina home.
- Flying Free by Fabregas from Free-To-Be by Fidertanz / SPS Don Bosco — third time for this successful cross, born May 19. at her new Nova Scotia home with Shannon Brooks of Little River Hanoverians.
- And finally …a delightful Finest filly from SPS Shakira by Sir Savoy, born July 20th. Peg Lansing of Kentucky purchased Shakira from me last October, with this filly in-utero.
Foals of 2016
Three beautiful foals! First Light, by For Romance from SPS Shakira was born May 4th. So elegant, with picture perfect conformation, excellent gaits, and beautiful face, she sold quickly to Quebec as a Dressage and Breeding Prospect. Two weeks later SPS Ditana delivered the most elegant, tall, sweet boy by Blue Hors Romanov. Royal Silks (aka “Rossi”) has been purchased by a Quebec-based Dressage trainer, as a Competition and Breeding prospect. Last but not least, on May 27th, Contessa had the cuddliest, charming and super-charged boy. Formula One, by For Romance has been sold to California, as a Stallion prospect.
All 3 foals were outreach branded – so no Inspection / Foal Show, but, I must say, all three were top quality — sweet, healthy and correct.
Foals of 2015
Born May 5, 2015 this brilliant blingy colt, “Flying Machine” is a repeat of the cross that produced the Champion Hanoverian Dressage Foal of 2014. And following closely in his big brother’s hoofprints, Flying Machine came home from his own Hanoverian Verband Inspection, designated Champion Dressage Colt 2015. This typey, correct athletic lad is SOLD to Ohio.
And on April 13th SPS Shakira by Sir Savoy / SPS Florestan gave us an elegant, long-lined filly – Delilah, by Destano. She will be a tall one, with a strong topline, good gaits – and bred to the 9’s. She too is SOLD, to Michegan.
SunnyDays Hanoverians in Competition
Our babies are growing up, and several are entering the competition arena:
Sigur Ros, by Sandro Hit from EM Bretania (Brentano / Hill Hawk xx) was the talk of the show at Saugerties this spring in her début appearance. She scored over 79.5% (High Point of the entire show) at Training Level 3. After her brief hiatus as a broodmare, she is taking to the ring like a fish to water. One to watch! Trained, ridden, owned by Kimberly Davies.
Wild Honey, by Weltregent out of our strong mare Espinette by Espri / Woermann, had a super spring under Brooke Koppeser, winning a spot on the Canadian Team at the July 2015 North American Young Rider Championships. Her 8 year old son Filibuster, by Fidertanz finished second in his first CIC1* at The Fork in April, under Beau Guimond and then won their first CCI1* at Bromont in June.
Flying Colours by Fabregas from Free To Be by Fidertanz, went to his 1st Breed Show near Seattle in June, and trotted off as Champion Yearling. On the August 28 / 29 weekend, Flash earned the title 2015 Grand Champion Colt/Gelding for the Great American Insurance Group/USDF Breeders Championship NW Series Final!!! In addition, he won the Individual Hanoverian Breed Class, and the High Point award for the show, with a score of 81.775%.
And at the 2015 Parkwood Inspection, younger brother Flying Machine was selected, by Verband judges Dr Christmann and Ferdi Haupt, as Champion Dressage Colt.
Sonnentanz, by Sir Gregory, was presented in the AHS Futurity Yearling Class in Ohio in September 2015, and walked away with the highest score of all yearlings and 2 year old – earning a whopping 8.5 for her trot, as well as 8s for head, neck, topline, femininity and type, and front legs. Congratulations to owner Robin Hill!
Sir Gawain (aka S’il Te Plait) won the 2015 Level 2 Provincial Dressage Championship (Quebec). This is his third year at the top of the rankings, having been 4 Year Old FEI Champion in 2013, and 5 Year Old FEI Champion in 2014.
Looking forward – to Foals of 2016
We have four babes expected between late April and late May of 2016.
1st will be SPS Shakira’s foal by For Romance (Fuerst Romancier / Sir Donnerhall) – an exciting sire, Champion of his SPT, with many foals at the German Championships.
I am thrilled that Espinette, by Espri / Woermann, is again in foal to Sir Gregory (Sir Donnerhall / Don Gregory). A repeat of the breeding that produced my dearest Sonnentanz, Co-Reserve Champion at her Hanoverian Inspection and Yearling Futurity winner.Due early May 2016.
Next should be SPS Ditana’s foal from Blue Hors Romanov by Rohdiamont / Grundstein. This will be the 3rd Romanov baby for SunnyDays – and the 1st two were spectacular, in every way!
And our last foal will be from Contessa by Contendro / SPS Eiger — another For Romance foal, due late May 2016. Contessa’s Sir Donnerhall babies have all been outstanding, and it will be neat to see what she produces with F-line added to the mix. It should be fun to compare the 2 For Romance babies, who will bracket the 2016 foal crop.
Hanoverian Foal Inspection 2014 – On September 3rd we took 2 foals to the Inspection. Both behaved very well – and received top honours! Flying Colours was selected Champion Hanoverian Dressage Foal 2014, and Sonnentanz was Co-Reserve Champion (and top filly). We were very proud as the field of 22 foals was a very strong one.
Congratulations to USDF Gold Medalist, Grand Prix rider / trainer, Susan Pommer of Sonoma, California, who has purchased our Wred Alert as her future dressage partner. This 3 year old Wolkenglanz / SPS Eiger daughter was started in late 2013, and proved to be a major talent undersaddle: powerful, forward, balanced and so very willing. A top prospect for an ambitious rider — and I am delighted she found such a partner in Susan.
New Foals in 2014!
Flying Colours – Uber-talented and flashy colt by Fabregas (Florencio / De Niro) from our homebred Free-To-Be (Fidertanz / SPS Don Bosco), born May 18th and SOLD to a top dressage home in WA.
Slainte – Dazzling colt by the phenomenal Sezuan (Zack by Rousseau/Jazz / Don Schufro) from Contessa (Contendro / SPS Eiger), born May 22nd, SOLD, in-utero to Catherine of WA. Absolutely stunning!
Stella – Gorgeous girl by Sir Gregory (Sir Donnerhall / Don Gregory) from Espinette (Espri / Woermann), born June 3rd and SOLD to Robin in Ohio – type, temperament and movement.
2013 breeding in review:
Sally-Go-Lightly by Sagnol, from GOV Fabriana by Fernet Branca (Furioso II) / EH Herzzauber, was born May 13th, 2013. Bay, very feminine, correct and lightfooted, with perfect legs and the prettiest face, Sally earned a “Premium” designation at her GOV inspection. She is now weaned, microchipped, passported, vaccinated and ready for her new home. For Sale
Sugar Baby by Sir Donnerhall, from Hanoverian MSB Contessa by Contendro / SPS Eiger/Wenzel, was born May 30th, 2013. A dark brown, round, rubber-ball filly, with joie-de-vivre, she takes a lot from both parents! She too is weaned, passported and vaccinated. Sugar is a real sparkler, powerful, engaging and oh-so-pretty! SOLD
The Favorite Game by Freestyle, from Hanoverian MSB Espinette by Espri / Woermann, was born June 1st. Such a tall, masculine colt, black with star, Favorite is a love-bug, with long legs and great athleticism. He has been “found” by the perfect owner, from New Brunswick. Lori and he are a great match, and couldn’t be more pleased with one another.